Having extensive experience in full LAMP stack development and Linux server administration, I want to grow my skills and project contributions with additional languages, including C++ and Java.
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL Nov. 2011 - Present
- Reduced development time by designing standardized CSS framework for web forms and developing reusable algorithms for both front-end user input validation and server-side request data handling.
- Enabled centralized service-status tracking by developing a web application for service owners to report service incidents and dissemination of event notifications via email and RSS.
- Contributed to University web accessibility initiative by applying standards learned through training to website design and content.
- Continually improve customer experience and maximize collection of required data for new service requests through development of interactive web forms and integration via API into an ITSM system.
- Scripting client and server processes and task automation in AppleScript, AutoIT, and Perl.
- Administering unit’s production and staging RHEL servers, ensuring uninterrupted services and user security.
- Primary administrator for the University’s Google Apps and LISTSERV services.
Innovadix Corporation, Palos Park, IL Jun. 2008 - Dec. 2014
Web Developer, President and Founder
- Provided clients with full LAMP stack interactive website design and development services.
- Oversaw business operations, administrative tasks, marketing and project planning.
EMERgency24, Inc., Chicago, IL Apr. 2006 - Oct. 2009
Internet Traffic Analyst
- Improved workflow and enabled better identification of suspicious accounts by contributing user and CSR interface improvements and feature ideas.
- Conducted Internet traffic analysis for 7Search.com to detect anomalies and patterns in an effort to prevent fraudulent activities, ensure traffic quality standards and minimize revenue loses.
- Communicated with advertisers and partners concerning quality of traffic, digital content, advertising campaigns and keyword optimization. Coordinated investigations with team members and B2B clients concerning affiliate activity and performance, as well as further business relationship growth.
HSBC Bank USA and Yahoo PayDirect, Buffalo, NY Aug. 2003 - Nov 2003
Fraud Investigator Intern
- Improved fraud prevention team’s performance by optimizing data analysis SQL queries and developing new ones.
- Gathered and analyzed data for ongoing investigations. Profiled suspicious accounts by analyzing transaction patterns and available Internet footprint.
SUNY Jefferson Community College, Watertown, NY Jan. 2000 - Dec. 2001
IT Student Assistant
- Monitored student computer labs and addressed students' questions about computer hardware, software and current projects.
- Answered telephones and recorded messages addressed to IT staff, as well as assist them in their tasks.
Oxbury Publishing, LLC, Palos Park, IL Dec. 2008 - Dec. 2009
Web Systems Consultant
- Led the start-up’s operational cost turnaround by consolidating hosting infrastructure to eliminate expensive and underutilized systems and streamlining staff collaboration and workflow by implementing Google Apps.
- Assumed responsibility and accelerated the release of a new website with an interactive front-end design and content structure based on tiered subscription membership.
- Provided development and content SEO updates to several newly acquired web properties.
JutiaGroup.com, Palos Park, IL Jun. 2006 - Dec. 2009
Web Developed and Co-Founder
- Built 100,000+ unique monthly visitors base through ongoing content SEO and improving website features and usability.
- Helped drive revenue growth through collaboration with advertisers and developing interactive website features to achieve a balance between quality content and advertisers’ needs.
Freelancer, Palos Park, IL Feb. 2001 - Jun. 2008
Web and Technology Consultant
- Co-organized and managed number of on-line community, group events and IT projects.
- Configured, deployed and administered game and web servers and applications, along with desktop systems and small LAN networks.
- Designed and maintained websites. Administered and moderated on-line forums.
- B.S. in Economic Crime Investigation - Computer Security, Hilbert College - 2004 - Hamburg, NY
- A.S. in Computer Information Systems, Jefferson Community College - 2002 - Watertown, NY
- Operating Systems - Linux, Mac OS X, MS DOS and Windows
- Server Software - Linux (RHEL/Ubuntu), Apache, MySQL, iptables, OpenAM Agent
- Full LAMP stack web application and interactive websites architecture and development
- Well developed data research, analysis, training and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Native Bulgarian speaker.
Volunteer Experience & Leadership Achievements
- Freemason 2003 - Present
- IT Support Volunteer and ResNet Junior Administrator, Hilbert College 2002 - 2003
- Volunteer firefighter, Scranton Volunteer Firefighter Company 2002 - 2003
- President and Founder, Jefferson Community College Computer Club Jan. 2000 - Dec. 2001
- Student Government Representative, Jefferson Community College 2001